Mental health first aid (MHFA) is an evidence-based training course which gives employees the skills and confidence to have supportive conversations with their co-workers and help guide them to professional help if needed. MHFA has been shown to increase knowledge, confidence and helping behaviours, and reduce stigma.
This eLearning course has been developed specifically for multinational organisations and organisations where there is no current licensed provider of the MHFA program operating in their country.
The self-paced course is only available in the English language and may take between 6 to 8 hours to complete.
To be eligible for this course, you must be an employee of a multinational organisation based in a workplace or worksite outside of Australia, or work for an organisation based in a country that currently does not have a licensed provider of the accredited MHFA program.
- This online course is self-paced and may take between 6-8 hours to complete. We recommend completing it over a number of sessions.
- The course consists of the following Modules:
1. Introduction to Mental Health First Aid
3. Anxiety Problems
4. Eating Disorders
6. Substance Use Problems
- Each module has audio and video recordings, case scenarios and short multiple-choice quizzes. At the end of each module, participants must complete a knowledge check test.
- A Certificate of Completion (PDF) will be emailed to the participant upon successful course completion
- Cost: AU$150.00 per participant – this includes 12 months access to the self-paced course and viewing access of the online International MHFA manual (PDF)
- Bulk enrolment vouchers are available for purchase here.
How do I enrol for the course?
- Start by registering on our website. Fill in your details and create a new account.
- You will receive an email from Mental Health First Aid with your account details and login link. Please check your junk/spam folder if it is not found in your inbox. Validate your email address and set a new password.
- Go to our eLearning courses and select the course you wish to enrol in by selecting 'Apply'.
- If you have a unique voucher code, use it and select 'Submit', otherwise select 'I do not have a voucher code'.
- Enter your billing information then proceed to make payment.
- Once payment has been is made, login to your dashboard where you may begin the eLearning course as well as gain viewing access to the International MHFA Manual which will open in a new browser window.
Before You Begin
Ensure that you have the following:
- Basic technological requirements – reliable Internet access to stream audio and videos, latest browsers (all browsers are supported except for Internet Explorer) and updated Java and Flash plugins.
- The online course works best on a desktop or laptop. It is not suitable for mobile phones or tablets.
- Log into your MHFA account and check your dashboard for the International MHFA Manual PDF link. It will open in a new browser window. You will need to refer to the manual while completing the course. Please note, you are not able to download or share the PDF.
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit our eLearning Help Centre