This eLearning component of the Blended MHFA Course in the Pharmacy is designed for the Pharmacy who find it difficult to release their staff to attend the 12-hour Standard MHFA Course.
- $150 AUD plus shipping (includes a 186 page 4th edition Standard MHFA manual)
- Bulk purchase discounts on a sliding scale available for organisations
- 12 months access to our self-paced course online via our Moodle LMS
- Online access to a PDF version of the MHFA Manual so you can get started right away
- Approx 6-8 hours to complete
- Audio, video, case scenarios and short multiple choice quizzes to keep you engaged
- eCertificate of completion on successful completion of the course (PDF)
- Online, email and telephone technical support.
What the course covers
Would you know how to help a customer with a mental health issue or crisis?
Using case-studies, videos and resources tailored to their learning needs, participants learn mental health first aid skills which can be applied to help any adult.
|Developing mental health problems covered:
||Mental health crises covered:
Who is the target audience?
Pharmacists and staff within Australian pharmacies who find it difficult to attend the 12-hour face-to-face Standard MHFA Course.
What are the requirements?
There are some basic technological requirements for accessing MHFA eLearning courses. Reliable Internet access with the ability to stream audio video. You will need the latest version of browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer is NOT supported, Opera, or Safari. Your versions of Java and Flash should also be up to date. This course is not suitable for mobile phones.
What am I going to learn in this course?
The benefits are numerous. The certificate is a terrific addition to anyone's resume. You will learn
- how to recognise signs and symptoms of mental health problems and crises in your customers and co-workers
- risk factors and appropriate evidence-based treatments and supports
- how to respond and offer appropriate support to customers and co-workers using the Mental Health First Aid Action Plan ALGEE
Follow-up face-to-face session
The follow-up face-to-face session is designed to be delivered within 3 months of participants completing the eLearning component. Read about what the face-to-face session covers and how to book an instructor to deliver the session here.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
We have answered your most frequent questions in our eLearning help centre here.
Have a question not answered in our FAQs document above? Get in touch with the MHFA office team
phone: 03 9079 0200.