This is the eLearning component of the Blended MHFA course developed specifically for Australian legal professionals. The course teaches how to assist a co-worker who is developing a mental health problem or in a mental health crisis, using case-studies, videos and resources tailored to their learning needs. The mental health first aid skills learnt can be applied to help any adult. PLEASE NOTE: It is recommended that you first organise an Instructor to complete the follow-up face-to-face component before you commence the eLearning component, as you will need to complete the face-to-face within 3 months after completing the eLearning.
View a presentation based on our similar course for workplaces
Download a copy of the presentation. Use this PowerPoint to present to colleagues, human resources and management in your workplace.
- $150 AUD plus shipping (includes a 186 page 4th edition Standard MHFA manual)
- Bulk purchase discounts on a sliding scale available for organisations. Shop Now
- 12 months access to our self-paced course online via our Moodle LMS
- Online access to a PDF version of the MHFA Manual so you can get started right away
- Approx 6-8 hours to complete
- Audio, video, case scenarios and short multiple choice quizzes to keep you engaged
- eCertificate of completion on successful completion of the course (PDF)
- Online, email and telephone technical support.
What am I going to learn in this course?
The benefits are numerous. This course provides CPD points and is valuable to a resume. You will learn
- how to recognise signs and symptoms of mental health problems and crises in your employees and co-workers
- risk factors and appropriate evidence-based treatments and supports
- how to respond and offer appropriate support to employees and co-workers using the Mental Health First Aid Action Plan ALGEE
What the course covers
This course has been developed specifically for legal professionals.
|Developing mental health problems covered:
||Mental health crises covered:
Example video scenario
Who is the target audience?
Partners, lawyers and employees based in legal firms in Australia.
What are the requirements?
There are some basic technological requirements for accessing MHFA eLearning courses. Reliable Internet access with the ability to stream audio video. You will need the latest version of browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer is NOT supported, Opera, or Safari. Your versions of Java and Flash should also be up to date. This course is not suitable for mobile phones.
FAQ - Frequently asked questions
We have answered your most frequent questions in our eLearning help centre here.
Have a question not answered in our FAQs document above? Get in touch with the MHFA office team
phone: 03 9079 0200.