Due to ongoing COVID-19 lockdowns across Australia and based on public health directions, many Instructor Training Courses were cancelled in 2021.
The 2022 calendar of Instructor Training Courses will be released in late 2021 for existing applicants being rescheduled from course cancellations in 2021.
No new individual Instructor applications for public courses will be accepted until all pre-approved waitlisted applicants have been rescheduled. It is anticipated that new Instructor applications for public courses will re-open again by March 2022.
Eligibility to become an MHFA Instructor and attend an Instructor Training Course
Instructor training applicants need to demonstrate they meet the following selection criteria:
- Good knowledge of mental health problems and their treatments
- Personal or professional experience supporting people with mental illnesses
- Respectful attitudes towards people with mental health problems
- Enthusiasm to deliver MHFA courses
- Excellent group facilitation and communication skills
- Knowledge of mental health services
- Good interpersonal skills
- A business plan or organisational support to conduct MHFA courses
- Hold a valid Working With Children Check from your state / territory of residence
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination.
Find an Instructor Training Course
Instructor training courses accredit suitably experienced individuals to deliver MHFA courses to the public.
MHFA runs Instructor training courses in most state capital cities across Australia. Use this page to find an upcoming Instructor training course in your capital city.
- More about the benefits of being an Instructor
- More about the application process
- Read our cancellation and transfer policy
Looking for a face-to-face public course instead?
Your search returned no results. Please try again with different filters.