In 2022, all attendees at face-to-face Mental Health First Aid® Instructor Training Courses will need to be fully vaccinated. Courses will proceed in locations where current public health advice indicates course delivery is permitted with COVID-safe adjustments and where delivery is not impacted by travel restrictions and border closures.
Priority placements in 2022 are being facilitated for waitlisted MHFA™ course participants impacted from course cancellations due to lockdowns in 2021. Once waitlisted participants are confirmed, courses with additional vacancies will be made publicly available for new course applicants. These placements are expected to be limited in the first half of the year.
Our Instructor Course Training calendar below provides the latest list of upcoming public Instructor Training Courses with available vacancies for new 2022 course applicants.
Eligibility to become an MHFA™ Instructor and attend an Instructor Training Course
Instructor training applicants need to demonstrate they meet the following selection criteria:
- Be a current accredited MHFAider™. This requires completion of a full 2-day face-to-face or Blended Online Mental Health First Aid Course and completion of the post course accredited assessment
- Good knowledge of mental health problems and their treatments
- Personal or professional experience supporting people with mental illnesses
- Respectful attitudes towards people with mental health problems
- Enthusiasm to deliver MHFA courses
- Excellent group facilitation and communication skills
- Knowledge of mental health services
- Good interpersonal skills
- A business plan or organisational support to conduct MHFA courses
- Hold a valid Working With Children Check from your state / territory of residence
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination.
Find an Instructor Training Course
Instructor training courses accredit suitably experienced individuals to deliver MHFA courses to the public.
MHFA runs Instructor training courses in most state capital cities across Australia. Use this page to find an upcoming Instructor training course in your capital city.
|15/08/2022 - 18/08/2022||4-day tMHFA||NSW||Sydney - Full.||Closed||View|
|15/08/2022 - 19/08/2022||5-day SMHFA||QLD||Brisbane - Full.||Closed||View|
|22/08/2022 - 24/08/2022||3-day Youth||WA||East Fremantle||Closed||View|
|22/08/2022 - 26/08/2022||5-day YMHFA||WA||East Fremantle||Closed||View|
|22/08/2022 - 26/08/2022||5-day SMHFA||VIC||Melbourne - Full||Closed||View|
|29/08/2022 - 01/09/2022||4-day tMHFA||QLD||Brisbane - Full||Closed||View|
|12/09/2022 - 16/09/2022||5-day SMHFA||QLD||Townsville - Closing Soon||Open||View|
|12/09/2022 - 16/09/2022||5-day SMHFA||WA||East Fremantle - Full||Closed||View|
|19/09/2022 - 23/09/2022||5-day SMHFA||VIC||Melbourne - Full||Closed||View|
|19/09/2022 - 23/09/2022||5-day YMHFA||QLD||Brisbane||Open - New Instructors Only||View|