13/02/2020 - 14/02/2020
Sessions Dates & Times
To register for this MHFA Course, please contact:
Whether you teach, employ, work, or live with adolescents, the YMHFA course will teach you the skills and confidence to provide mental health first aid to a young person.
WHY THIS COURSE IS ESSENTIAL TO YOU AND YOUR STAFF
Mental illness, and the awareness and stigma surrounding it, is a big issue in communities in Australia.
Australian Government health data indicates that about 1 in 6 adolescents meet the criteria for a mental health diagnosis in any given year.
YMHFA teaches PRACTICAL, EASY TO IMPLEMENT and EVIDENCED BASED strategies to support a young person experiencing a mental health problem, worsening of a problem, or a crisis.
WHAT IS MENTAL HEALTH
Mental illnesses often start in adolescence or early adulthood and it is important to detect problems early to ensure the young person is properly treated and supported.
The YMHFA course teaches adults who have frequent contact with adolescents, such as parents, guardians, school staff – teachers, aides, administrative, chaplains, catering; sport coaches and youth workers, how to assist adolescents who are developing a mental health problem, experiencing a worsening of a mental health problem or in a mental health crisis.
· 14-hour (2 day) Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA) course.
· Participants will learn about adolescent development and the signs and symptoms of mental health problems, how and where to get help, and what sort of help has been shown by research to be effective.
· Course topics cover: developing mental health problems, depression, anxiety, eating disorders, psychosis, panic attacks, and substance use disorders, as well as suicide and NSSI (non-suicidal-self-injury).
- Latest Youth Mental Health First Aid manual included in course fee.
- Discounts for Group Bookings.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.