26/11/2020 - 27/11/2020
Sessions Dates & Times
To register for this MHFA Course, please contact:
Please register and pay with Robyn direct. Credit Cards Welcome, all cards accepted. Bank transfers also. Quick and easy payments. Please contact Robyn direct on 0417688236 or via email on email@example.com All Credit cards taken by Robyn direct or by bank transfer, please call Robyn on 0417688236.
There will be limited numbers of tickets available and Covid Safe practise in place. There are only 9 spaces available.
Variable pricing available: ** Choose your tickets For Profit Workplace Funded $420 Education Workplace Funded $395 Not for Profit Ticket $365 School Team of 5 $1925 Not for Profit Team of 5 $1750 For Profit Team of 5 $2050 Self Funded $395 Self Funded Concession $350 **
Private organisational bookings welcome. Different fees apply. Please contact Robyn direct for a quote.
**IMPORTANT: **In order to meet MHFA accreditation requirements, participants MUST be in attendance for the entire duration of the course and complete the post quiz with a minimum of 80% pass rate
With 1 in 5 Australian Adults experiencing common mental illness each year, this comprehensive Mental Health First Aid training will teach you practical skills which will increase your confidence and enable you to support someone with an emerging mental health illness.
You will learn how to:
• Recognise common mental health problems • Provide initial help using a practical, evidence-based Action Plan • learn how to seek appropriate professional help, and • Respond in a crisis situation.
You will learn how to assist an adult who may be experiencing a mental health problem or mental health crisis until appropriate professional help is received or the crisis resolves, using a practical, evidence-based action plan. The 12-hour Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) course teaches adults (18 years and over) how to provide initial support to adults who are developing a mental illness or experiencing a mental health crisis. This course is suitable for delivery to workplaces.
What the Course Covers
MHFA courses provide the skills to make an impact on people's lives Course participants learn about the signs and symptoms of the common and disabling mental health problems. Furthermore, it provides guidance on how to provide initial help, where and how to get professional help. This training course also informs us about what sort of help has been shown by research to be effective, and how to provide first aid in a crisis situation.
Developing mental health problems covered are: • Depression • Anxiety problems • Psychosis • Substance use problems
Mental health crisis situations covered are: • Suicidal thoughts and behaviours • Non-suicidal self-injury (sometimes called deliberate self-harm) • Panic attacks • Traumatic events • Severe effects of drug or alcohol use • Severe psychotic states • Aggressive behaviours
This course is based on guidelines developed through the expert consensus of people with lived experience of mental health problems and professionals.
Please register by phone or email and we will confirm your booking. Phone is 0417688236 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Just some of my recent feedback:
• "The facillitator was an excellent time manager. She gave plenty of room and time to ask questions. She clearly knew the course content. She created an excellent learning environment."
• "Robyn is wonderful. She is very accommodating and she knows the content of the course very well."
• "My instructor she was very helpful and well experienced and her explanation well delivered to us, and she was very supportive especially when I and some of the attendees shared their own stories and experience related to the topics in the course contents."
• "One exercise that impressed me very much was Robyn’s suggestion that we note what the participants in the video on psychosis said about their early warning signs. Overall, I was very happy with the course content as well as its presentation. In particular, I thought Robyn guided us gently through this course. Thank you Robyn!"
Secure parking available will be provided. Venue across the road from Hornsby train station.
You will be provided with the latest manual and resources for your use will be emailed out to you a week before. Please bring your own pen and notebook.
You will need to bring or buy your own lunch.
So look forward to meeting you