01/09/2020 - 03/09/2020
Sessions Dates & Times
To register for this MHFA Course, please contact:
The instructor training has been subsidised by the Wanneroo and Communities Suicide Prevention Network saving participants up to $165 per participant and it open to all residents.
This internationally recognised course was developed at the Centre for Mental Health Research at the Australian National University and is now delivered across 20 countries globally.
Content covered includes;
• Understanding mental health, including diagnoses, prevalence and common misconceptions
• Symptoms and causes of depression, anxiety, psychosis and substance misuse.
• How to provide initial support to adults who maybe experiencing a mental health crisis.
• Crisis First Aid for: suicidal behaviour, panic attacks, aggressive behaviour, self harm, acute psychosis.
• Responding to the effects of Traumatic events and drug and alcohol misuse.
How to register?