23/11/2020 - 26/11/2020
Sessions Dates & Times
To register for this MHFA Course, please contact:
The instructor training has been subsidised by the Wanneroo and Communities Suicide Prevention Network saving participants up to $165 per participant.
This internationally recognised course was developed at the Centre for Mental Health Research at the Australian National University and is now delivered across 20 countries globally.
Content covered includes;
• Understanding mental health, including diagnoses, prevalence and common misconceptions
• Symptoms and causes of depression, anxiety, psychosis and substance misuse.
• How to provide initial support to adults who maybe experiencing a mental health crisis.
• Crisis First Aid for: suicidal behaviour, panic attacks, aggressive behaviour, self harm, acute psychosis.
• Responding to the effects of Traumatic events and drug and alcohol misuse.
How to register?
Face to Face Component: https://form.jotform.com/201730618794863
E-Learning with MHFA: https://mhfa.com.au/courses/elearning/60888
This is available for anyone across Australia to attend the course from the comfort of your own home, at work including regional and remote areas.
To complete the course you will require a computer, a webcam, a microphone and quiet room and download Zoom on your Android, Iphone, Ipad or Desktop.
This course includes;
• Engaging, up to date materials
• Free online resources
• Post -course contacts for help and advise
• Certificate of attendance and opportunity to be accredited nationally
• Access to online Facebook Support Group with the Wanneroo and Communities Suicide Prevention Network and regular updates via the monthly Newsletter.