15/02/2021 - 16/02/2021
Sessions Dates & Times
To register for this MHFA Course, please contact:
The Wanneroo and Communities Suicide Prevention Network is pleased to announce that Changing Lives Australia will be facilitating this course on behalf of our network at subsidised rates for our community, corporate, frontline mental health, disability and aged care support workers.
This internationally recognised course was developed at the Centre for Mental Health Research at the Australian National University and is now delivered across 20 countries globally.
Content covered includes
• Understanding mental health, including diagnoses, prevalence and common misconceptions
• Symptoms and causes of depression, anxiety, psychosis and substance misuse.
• How to provide initial support to adults who maybe experiencing a mental health crisis.
• Crisis First Aid for: suicidal behaviour, panic attacks, aggressive behaviour, self harm, acute psychosis.
• Responding to the effects of Traumatic events and drug and alcohol misuse.
Day 1: Monday 19th of October, 9am to 4pm
Day 2: Tuesday 21th of October, 9am to 4pm
This course includes
• Engaging, up to date materials
• Take home reference pack and free online resources
• Morning and Afternoon and beverages (Please note lunch bars are close by)
• Post -course contacts for help and advise
• Certificate of attendance and opportunity to be accredited nationally valid for 3 years.
• Access to online Facebook Support Group
• Wheelchair accessible, including toilets
• FREE ample parking
• Any special needs, requests or if you require supports please advise.
There are a variety of dates available please choose carefully from the registration
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org