08/09/2021 - 09/09/2021
Sessions Dates & Times
To register for this MHFA Course, please contact:
A postal address must be provided when booking to receive the manual.
Please click here for tickets - https://www.trybooking.com/eventlist/phynixinitiativeevents or contact Tammie direct for bank transfer or invoicing firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Component 1 – Self-paced interactive eLearning (5-7 hours) - THIS MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO COMPONENT 2
The eLearning course component presents an overview of mental health problems and mental health crises.
Developing mental health problems covered include:
- Anxiety problems
- Substance use problems
Mental health crises covered:
- Suicidal thoughts and behaviours
- Non-suicidal self-injury
- Panic attacks
- Traumatic events
- Severe psychotic states
- Severe effects from alcohol or other drug use
- Aggressive behaviour
Course Component 2 – Instructor-led video conferencing (2 x 2.5-hour sessions) - via ZOOM
Course Component 2 – Instructor-led video conferencing sessions (2 x 2.5 hours) follows the completion of Course Component 1 – eLearning. Course Component 2 provides course participants with an opportunity to revise content covered in the self-paced eLearning program and to consolidate the application of this content with the development of practical skills in a group environment online.
Course Component 2 provides participants with the opportunity to:
- Revise the eLearning content and the MHFA Action Plan
- Clarify any points of uncertainty remaining after completion of the eLearning modules
- Apply the MHFA Action Plan to relevant scenarios
- Discuss and reflect 'a where to from now' in using mental health first aid skills
- Develop a self-care plan to maintain good mental health.
5% of your purchase goes to support mental health programs.