Designed for legal workplaces that require increased flexibility in the delivery of training for their staff members, the Blended Mental Health First Aid Course for the Legal Profession is a combination of online (eLearning) and 4 hours of face-to-face training.
The course teaches managers, supervisors and individuals how to assist a co-worker who is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis. However course participants will learn mental health first aid skills that can be applied to help any adult. Course content is tailored to the workplace setting using case-studies, videos and resources tailored to their learning needs.
The eLearning component covers
|Developing mental health problems covered:
||Mental health crises covered:
The half day face-to-face session covers
The face-to-face component is designed to be delivered after participants have completed the eLearning component of MHFA for the Australian Legal Profession .
In this face-to-face training, the focus is on the revision and application of knowledge and skills learnt in the eLearning component, providing participants with the opportunity to:
- Learn how to recognise signs and symptoms of mental health problems and crises in your employees and co-workers.
- Understand risk factors and appropriate evidence-based treatments and supports.
- Learn how to respond and offer appropriate support to employees and co-workers using the Mental Health First Aid Action Plan.
How do I enrol?
Enrolling in this Blended Course is a two-step process:
- 1. Enrol and complete the eLearning component - you can do this via our website
- 2. Attend a follow-up face-to-face session
If you have any questions check the FAQ for Blended MHFA Courses.
Finding a face-to-face session
The face-to-face session of the Blended Course is not centrally coordinated by Mental Health First Aid Australia.
It is the responsibility of course participants to contact any of the MHFA instructors listed on the Find an Instructor page with the workplace icon next to their names to arrange a course in their area. Most instructors are willing to travel but need expenses covered.
What is the cost?
- The cost of the eLearning course is $88 including GST which includes a MHFA Manual. Postage costs will be in addition to the voucher(s).
- The cost of the half-day session varies. Your local Instructor can confirm their individual fees.
Become an Accredited Mental Health First Aider
Participants who complete this training are eligible to complete an online Accreditation Assessment in order to receive a Mental Health First Aider Certificate of Accreditation valid for 3 years. Learn more here.