Does your pharmacy have a mental health first aid officer?
This Blended MHFA course is essential training for all pharmacists and front line pharmacy staff. Informed by a reference group of pharmacy professionals across Australia, this course teaches pharmacists and pharmacy staff how to assist a customer who is developing a mental health problem or in a mental health crisis.
MHFA in the Pharmacy course is designed for the Pharmacy who find it difficult to release their staff to attend the 12-hour Standard MHFA Course. It is completed in a Blended format, combining eLearning plus a follow-up a half day face-to-face session.
The eLearning component covers
- $150 AUD plus shipping (includes a 186 page 4th edition Standard MHFA manual and eLearning digital access code)
- Bulk purchase discounts on a sliding scale available for organisations
- Self-paced online via our Moodle LMS
- Approx 6-8 hours to complete
- Audio, video, case scenarios and short multiple choice quizzes to keep you engaged
- Online, email and telephone technical support.
What the course covers
Using case-studies, videos and resources tailored to their learning needs, participants learn mental health first aid skills which can be applied to help any adult.
|Developing mental health problems covered:
||Mental health crises covered:
Do I get CPD points for my attendance?
Yes! Australian Pharmacy Council. Blended MHFA in the Pharmacy is endorsed until 01/10/2019
Accreditation number is CX150035. Number and type of credits allocated are: 24 Group 2
How do I enrol?
Enrolling in this Blended Course is a two-step process:
1. Enrol and complete the eLearning component
2. Attend a follow-up face-to-face session
If you have any questions check the FAQ for Blended MHFA courses.
Finding a face-to-face session
The face-to-face session of the Blended Course is not centrally coordinated by Mental Health First Aid Australia.
It is the responsibility of course participants to contact any of the MHFA instructors listed on the Find an Instructor page with the pharmacy icon next to their names to arrange a course in their area. Most instructors are willing to travel but need expenses covered.
View list of instructors
What is the cost?
- The cost of the eLearning course is $150 which includes a MHFA Manual.
- The cost of the half day session varies. Your local Instructor can confirm their individual fees.
Become an Accredited Mental Health First Aider
Participants who complete this training are eligible to complete an online Accreditation Assessment in order to receive a Mental Health First Aider Certificate of Accreditation valid for 3 years. Learn more.