Designed for workplaces that require increased flexibility in the delivery of training for their staff members, the Blended Mental Health First Aid in the Workplace course is a combination of online (eLearning) and a half day of follow-on face-to-face training.
The course teaches managers, supervisors and individuals how to assist a co-worker who is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis. However course participants will learn mental health first aid skills that can be applied to help any adult. Course content is tailored to the workplace setting using case-studies, videos and resources tailored to their learning needs.
Course participants first complete the interactive self-paced eLearning component that presents an overview of mental health problems and mental health crises. The follow-on face-to-face training allows participants the opportunity to revise and consolidate skills in a group environment, and to address mental health problems in the workplace in more depth.
The eLearning component covers
|Developing mental health problems covered:
||Mental health crises covered:
The half day face-to-face session covers
The face-to-face component is designed to be delivered after participants have completed the eLearning MHFA in the Workplace Course.
In this face-to-face training, the focus is on the revision and application of knowledge and skills learnt in the eLearning component, providing participants with the opportunity to:
- Examine issues pertinent to mental health problems in the workplace in more depth
- Clarify any points of uncertainty remaining after completion of the eLearning modules
- Apply the MHFA Action Plan to relevant workplace scenarios
- Discuss and reflect 'a where to from now' in using mental health first aid skills in the workplace.
Further information for workplaces
We have put together a handy info sheet with information on:
- Why MHFA is suitable training for workplaces
- How MHFA training differs from other workplace mental health training
- Flexible training options available, pricing, and how to enrol
How do I enrol?
Enrolling in this Blended Course is a two-step process:
1. Enrol and complete the eLearning component.
2. Attend a follow-up face-to-face session
If you have any questions check the FAQ for Blended MHFA courses.
Finding a face-to-face session
The face-to-face session of the Blended Course is not centrally coordinated by Mental Health First Aid Australia.
It is the responsibility of course participants to contact any of the MHFA instructors listed on the Find an Instructor page with the workplace icon next to their names to arrange a course in their area. Most instructors are willing to travel but need expenses covered.
What is the cost?
- The cost of the eLearning course is $88 AUD + shipping, which includes a hardcopy of the MHFA Manual.
- The cost of the half day session varies. Your local Instructor can confirm their individual fees.
Become an Accredited Mental Health First Aider
Participants who complete this training are eligible to complete an online Accreditation Assessment in order to receive a Mental Health First Aider Certificate of Accreditation valid for 3 years. Learn more here.
"Training was well worth the wait. The Instructor was an excellent facilitator and there was plenty of value-add as well as revision (which I really needed) of the online course materials." Merryn Lancaster, Victorian Public Sector Commission.
"I'll also add that the workplace course is perfect. My clients have been asking for this for such a long time. It also compliments other workplace training such as risk management and resilience building. My training repertoire is now just how I want it." Doula Theodosi, Return to Work Consultant, Principal Master Mental Health First Aid Instructor, nb&a group.