This course component allows participants the opportunity to revise and consolidate practical skills in a group environment. The instructor-led component is designed to be delivered after participants have completed the eLearning component of the course.In this training, delivered in person or over video conference from wherever you are, the focus is on the revision and application of knowledge and skills learnt in the eLearning component. The instructor-led component includes large and small group activities, providing participants with the opportunity to:
- Revise the eLearning content and the MHFA Action Plan
- Apply the MHFA Action Plan to relevant scenarios
- Learn crisis first aid for suicidal thoughts and behaviours and non-suicidal self-injury
- Learn crisis first aid for traumatic events
- Review a range of resources that a mental health first aider could refer someone to when providing mental health first aid.