Health and safety
Get the facts. Australian health and safety information on COVID-19.
- Australian Health Department Covid-19 Health Alert website updated daily
- Australian Health Department Covid19 publications info updated daily
- Health Direct – COVID-19 coronavirus in pictures
- Recognise the signs and symptoms
- Self-isolation (self-quarantine) for coronavirus (COVID-19)
- World Health Organization – coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak
Australian links to key mental health information to support you during this COVID-19 outbreak.
- Beyond Blue - Looking after your mental health during the coronavirus outbreak
- Tip sheet for COVID-19 and teen mental health. A resource for those working or living with teenagers
- Black Dog Institute - Coronavirus: Resources for anxiety, stress & wellbeing
- Head to Health - Mental health and COVID-19
- Lifeline - Mental health and wellbeing during the Coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak
Dealing with COVID-19 Anxiety
Many people will be feeling more anxiety than usual due to the COVID-19 situation. Being anxious at this time is a completely normal response to stressful events. Take a look at our guide for methods on reducing anxiety and staying mentally and physically healthy.
Working from home
Links to tips on working at home during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- How to manage and thrive during remote working
- Working from home: A checklist to support your mental health during Coronavirus
- Working from home? Here's how you can stay mentally healthy
- Establishing Your Home Workspace
- How to work from home when your kids are home, too
- How we’re keeping fit while working from home
- 10 ways to take care of yourself during coronavirus
Tips for Working From Home Effectively
Read this article from our Workplace Engagement Manager, Kathy Bond, on her tips for effectively working from home during this new normal many of us find ourselves in.
Australian crisis services to seek support the during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Call this line if you are seeking information on coronavirus (COVID-19). The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. 1800 020 080
- Lifeline:Phone: 13 11 14 (24 hours/7 days) Text: 0477 13 11 14 (6pm – midnight AEDT, 7 nights) Chat online: Crisis Chat (7pm - midnight, 7 nights)
- Beyond Blue:Phone: 1300 22 4636 (24 hours/7 days) Chat online: Online Chat
- Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 659 467
- Open Arms - Veterans Support Service - 24 hrs 1800 011 046
- Kids Helpline 1800 551 800
- eHeadspace 1800 650 890
- Family Relationship Advice Line 1800 050 321
- Sexual Assault, Domestic or Family Violence and Abuse - 1800 RESPECT 1800 737 732
- Mensline 1300 78 99 78
- QLife 1800 184 527
ASSISTING SOMEONE DISTRESSED
BY THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed our way of life for the foreseeable future in most parts of the world. While many have fallen ill, many more will experience symptoms of mental health problems, particularly anxiety.
PROVIDING MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID IN THE TIME OF ‘SOCIAL DISTANCING’
Providing mental health first aid in the workplace, or elsewhere for that matter, can be challenging. The current social restrictions may add some additional challenges. Here are some tips that we hope you will find helpful in your role as a Mental Health First Aid Officer or Mental Health First Aider in the workplace or community.
COVID-19 SOLE TRADER AND SMALL BUSINESS SUPPORT RESOURCES
A list of financial and other supports at Federal and State levels for accredited MHFA Instructors who are sole traders and/or run small businesses.